Monday, September 10, 2007

Playlist Preview: Dave Matthews Band

Known for their constant touring and blending of musical genres, the Dave Matthews Band became one of the breakthrough acts of the 1990s as they rose from a college town jam band to reach worldwide success.

With a slew of Grammy nominations and wins to their credit, the Charlottesville, Va. band is back on the road this summer and has made stops in recent days to Atlanta's Piedmont Park and Virginia Tech's Lane Stadium (Va. Tech students and faculty were given free tickets and attendance was estimated at 50,000). The current tour of outdoor venues will also bring the band to Charlotte's Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre next Wednesday, Sept. 19.

Having caught my first DMB show last June at Verizon Wireless, I can safely say it's one of the best concerts going today. If you like rock or jazz - and can tolerate that mysterious pungent odor that surrounds some of the concert-goers - then I'd recommend buying tickets. I know I'll be there.

Check out Thursday's Star for my picks of the 5 best DMB songs, then come back to the blog to watch performances of each.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete DeLea said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Gabe Whisnant said...

I'm not sure if it will make your list, but Warehouse is my hands-down favorite Dave song ... maybe it can make honorable mention.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home