Friday, August 31, 2007

How to Protect Yourself

I know what you're thinking.

"What am I looking at here?"
Well ... this was my best attempt at illustrating a story I'll have in The Star within the next few days.

Shelby Police says property theft has gone up in recent weeks and I'll have a list of some easy ways to protect your own valuables.

Would you believe one of them is keeping your door locked?

It might surprise you but a fair number of people leave their doors unlocked, thinking "If someone wants to steal my stuff, they will."

Well of course they will if you leave your doors unlocked...

Look for the story either this weekend or Monday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would hope that only the "old timers" or truly ignorant people would leave their doors unlocked. I have heard a lot of people say they leave their car doors unlocked so that whenever someone breaks in, they won't do any damage. That's so stupid...I mean, why make it any easier for a thief? Some just go around in parking lots or even driveways, looking for unlocked vehicles. They're usually in a hurry and will skip over the locked vehicles.

I read an excellent article just yesterday about many ways we can protect ourselves against thef, and some were surprising to me. Some of the media companies encourage people to donate their paper, rather than stopping delivery while on vacation, but stopping your paper delivery is actually not in your best interest. Things have changed! A few other things surprised me as well, so I am anxious to see what you have to say about this.

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home