Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Dave Matthews Band in Charlotte

Usually when I come back from the concert, I have a lot of photos and videos to share. Case in point, Bruce Springsteen in Atlanta.

I didn't realize security at Verizon Wireless were nazis. All cameras had to be left at the information counter before you even got inside.

You won the battle, Verizon Wireless, but I'll win the war.

Anyway ...

Show was good. Not 06 good but probably better than last year.



The set list:

The Stone
Old Dirt Hill
You Might Die Trying
Everyday
Eh Hee
Don’t Drink the Water
Grey Street
Corn Bread
Two Step
Proudest Monkey
Satellite
Jimi Thing
Sledgehammer (yes, the Peter Gabriel song)
Bitch
Ants Marching

Encores


Money (yes, the Pink Floyd song)
So Much To Say
Anyone Seen The Bridge
Too Much

The seats were the best I've ever had for DMB, so it's a shame I wasn't able to get any good shots with the camera. The latter part of the concert is a blur; I ended up making calls about the fatal Ramblewood shooting, trying to get more info as "Ants Marching" was performed. Ended up leaving just before "Money," which was a great cover that could still be heard out in the parking lot.

My next concert: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, 6th row, next Friday

I haven't seen any concert videos from last night end up on YouTube but here's a clip of their finale ("Trippin Billies") from the 06 stop.

1 Comments:

Blogger Graham said...

I love how the heckling is always by "anonymous."

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home