Monday, June 23, 2008

My new distraction

I've never been much of a gamer. In fact, I'm not entirely sure in what connotation the word "gamer" should be used.

Of course I played Nintendo. Relentlessly. For years. But after Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo, my passion for stomping buttons with my thumbs and then throwing the controller at the wall in frustration died.

But there was one game that I became addicted to a few years back. And thanks to Wal-Mart's super low prices, that addiction is back.

Back in 1998, I got my first desktop computer. And with it came a game called "Age of Empires." In summary, you create your own ancient civilization while at the same time blowing up the rival nations' homes and markets.

A good time is had by all.

Over the years, that CD became so scratched and worn out that it refused to play at all.

The grieving process took years.

Last week I made a much-needed trip for groceries and, with a little time to kill, explored the electronics department. And there it was. For only $10 - and with two sequels included!

A typical game can take up to 4 hours to play (and win).

As though I didn't already have enough to do with my time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home