Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bear Sighting!

Yeah, I know. Probably not what you were expecting.














In my defense, I did at least try to find the black bear seen over the past few days near Double Shoals Road. I slowly drove through the area, got out and walked around ... no luck.

Here are some photographs I took near where he was seen. You can see just how thick the woods are - plenty of good hiding space.




I don't think he wants to be found.

For those concerned, I don't think this is something we should deadbolt the doors and load the guns over. Black bears are by and large very shy, not aggressive and they tend to avoid human contact. Pretty sure was just looking for food.

However, Cleveland County 911 received several calls Wednesday and today regarding the bear. Trust me, it's a good listen.

http://community.shelbystar.com/audio/bear911/index.php

You can read Friday's article here: http://www.shelbystar.com/onset?id=21865&template=article.html

For more information on black bears, here are some good websites I came across in my research:

BlackBear.org

WildWNC.org

eNature.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*laughs* That Pooh pic was funny. The bear seems to have good taste because he is now hanging out around the country club.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home