Sunday, September 21, 2008

Monday's "Must See TV"

Remember "Must See TV"? With Friends and Seinfeld and the crap that was rotated out each season?

Ex: Suddenly Susan, Caroline in the City. Need I go on?

Looks like Monday, at least in my world, has replaced Thursday as "Must See TV" night.

NBC, 8 p.m. tomorrow: "Heroes" Season 3 premieres

Season 2 was an admitted big step down after the initial season. I blame that mostly on the writers' strike which caused the season to end prematurely in January. Hopefully Season 3 turns the momentum around. They're playing it up big with a hour-long pre-game show before the actual episode begins at 9.

Fox, 9 p.m.: "Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles"

I'm loving this just as I did Heroes Season 1. Shirley Manson of Garbage as a T-1000? Awesome. Is Summer Glau (above) showing signs of a personality? Even better. As a long-time fan of the movie series, I was worried that it couldn't handle a weekly prime time spot. I'm glad to be proven wrong.

USA, 9 p.m.: "WWE Monday Night Raw"

I like glorified comic book shows, I like homicidal robots, and I like choreographed violence. And any child of the 80s should be able to appreciate a wrestler (CM Punk, right) who has a Cobra, of GI Joe fame, tattoo. Children of the 80s should also get into the fact that a growing group of wrestlers are kids of the musclebound entertainers we grew up with 20 years ago. Million $ Man's kid? Check. Jimmy Snuka's kid? Check. Dusty Rhodes' kid? Check. How long till Brooke Hogan trades in the high heels for lace up boots?

So while I'll be spending today curled up in a ball, doped up on Sudafed, and with a thick layer of Vicks under my nose, at least I can look forward to tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home