Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fourteen Year Old Girls, Middle Aged Men, and Drunk Hillbillies

Spent last night at Cricket Arena for the Alanis Morissette / Matchbox Twenty concert.

Love the window art. I hope that was done by a 14-year-old girl rather than a 41-year-old guy. There were plenty of both on hand. ...Which, I'm just realizing, is kinda creepy.
I didn't stick around for the whole show. Alanis (left), the opener, was the main draw and - after a long day at work - I had a priority to be in bed by midnight.
But I was around long enough for a couple Matchbox Twenty songs, including the opener, 'How Far We've Come.' (left)
More distracting than famous people on stage was the row of drunken people in front of me and the one beside me. The one beside me, who described herself as a grandmother, was so drunk she tried to scale the guard rail behind the row and took a nose dive onto the concrete. A trooper, she walked it off.

The row in front of me somewhat resembled this Hannah Barbara favorite. They had a tendency to stand frequently, both to remove their jackets and for beer runs.

Who goes to an Alanis / Matchbox Twenty concert to get drunk anyway? I'll tell you who. Alcholics.

The musical highlight was Alanis' 'Hands Clean' (which I had wiped from my memory over the past 5 years) and her parody of Fergie's 'My Humps' (seen below).



And the original:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home