Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summertime Sounds

I was proofing Thursday's Lifestyles section (click link to go to the page) last night for Emily. It's pretty neat, basically a run down of the top 50 summer songs.

There was no scientific study to determine the ranking, it was completely subjective (and let's face it, subjective rankings like that create a lot more conversation).

Some of the picks were spot on and some were a little iffy. So I thought I'd add a few of my own choices.

You'll notice most are in alphabetical order; I was skimming through my iPod.




The Beach Boys - Kokomo

311 - Amber

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Night Moves

The Cure - Friday I'm In Love

Filter - Take a Picture

Foo Fighters - Times Like These

Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

Israel Kamakawiowo'ole - Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World

John Mellencamp - Pink Houses

Journey - Don't Stop Believin' (25 years and the song is still relevant, just look at The Sopranos)

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By the Way ... and Soul to Squeeze

Tom Petty - Free Fallin'

Van Halen - Right Now

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony



Agree? Disagree? Am I leaving anything out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home