Saturday, June 09, 2007

Barbecue!

Made it down to the Lawndale Summer Fest this afternoon. Had no idea I would be seeing so much barbecue.
Here's Danny Gordon, chief deputy of the Cleveland County Sheriff's Office, taking a look at the meat he helped cook on behalf of Double Shoals Baptist Church.
See those slabs of meat? Gordon said each one is about 20 pounds. I heard from another cook that about 500 pounds of barbecue would be cooked among all the participating churches.
I got the smallest piece while I was there. Enough to taste and enough to tease my hunger even more. Hence me eating a foot-long Subway right now.
We'll have more on the festival, as well as which church won the barbecue competition, in Sunday's Star.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being there Graham and thanks for the write up in The Star. We all had a GREAT time and are looking forward to next year!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

No problem, Gary. I enjoyed it.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home