Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"Do or do not. There is no try."

That of course is a line made famous by the wrinkled up Kermit the Frog that has a syntax problem.

You have no idea how often Emily Killian asks me to do the voice in the newsroom ...

Saw a really good special on the History Channel Monday night, Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed.

If you've seen any Star Wars retrospectives (and I have) you know a few people tend to show up in all of them, the most notable being filmmakers Kevin Smith (Clerks) and Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings).

This was pretty neat in that the 2-hour show also included commentaries from professors, politicians (Newt Gingrich and Nancy Pelosi), comedians (Stephen Colbert), and journalists (Tom Brokaw) on the significance of the six films as modern mythology and all the facets of history the story borrowed from - Greek tragedy to westerns to the Bible.

I've been a fan of the series since I was a child and even I was impressed with just how "deep" the story can be interpreted. Pretty cool stuff.

According to History.com, the next airing will be Sunday, June 3 at 11 p.m.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Graham, do the voice. Just for me....

10:38 PM  
Blogger cole.mull said...

Ah Graham I saw the thing on star wars also, I think its great how they relate so many things to Star Wars. Ha Ha

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home