Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Playlist Preview: U2

He is the only person in history to be nominated for an Academy Award, Golden Globe, Grammy and Nobel Peace Prize.

TIME magazine once named him their Person of the Year. And this Friday you can see him in ‘Across the Universe,’ the new musical film which incorporates songs by the Beatles.

Did I mention he also sings for a living?

He was born Paul David Hewson but you know him better as Bono, lead singer of the Irish rock band U2.

On the verge of Bono’s big screen appearance - in which he reportedly sings John Lennon's ‘I Am the Walrus’ - I thought it might be timely to take a look at U2 and my favorite songs from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band with 22 Grammys to their credit.
Keep an eye out for Thursday's Star, then come back here to check out performances of each song.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard a U2 song I did not almost fall in love with! Once, I listened to "Achtung Baby" all the way to the beach and I never got tired one of single song! "One" is my favorite.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home