Friday, July 06, 2007

Transformers: The Movie

Still sore from Monday's wreck. Back, neck, shoulders, head. Feels like I was stuck in a pinball machine.

Anyway ...

I finally got around to watching Transformers this afternoon. Alan Ford gave me a ticket refund stub a few weeks back so I decided to use it as a free way of entertaining myself for about 2 and a half hours (yeah, a little long for a big explosion, popcorn flick).

I pre-gamed last night by rewatching the cartoon movie from 21 years ago (Oh my god, that movie is old enough to buy alcohol!).

It's still a downer to see so many characters killed off within just the first few minutes. Especially considering it's a cartoon.

From glimpsing around online, it sounds like the live-action film has received mixed reviews but I had no problem with it. Yeah, the robots do look a little ... odd with all their sharp mechanical pieces. And yes the action moves so fast that it's sometimes hard to figure out what robot is fighting what robot. But the story moved along well and, by and large, made sense.

Let's put it this way. If you enjoyed Independence Day or Armageddon, you'd probably enjoy this.

If you're die-hard Transformers and you know every episode and all the characters' names, you'll probably find a thousand problems with the film.

I'll give it 3 out of 5 stars.

I hear a sequel is in the works ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home