Friday, January 26, 2007

Red Hot Chili Peppers in Charlotte (1/23/07)

One thing I love about living in Shelby is the close proximity to Charlotte. I don't get too much free time but when I do there's no better way to spend it than going to a concert in the "big city."

Last year I was fortunate to see Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Dave Matthews Band, Kelly Clarkson, Goo Goo Dolls, Counting Crows, and the Gin Blossoms - all within a 40 minute drive.

My 2007 concert series began Tuesday at Bobcats Arena with the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Gnarls Barkley.

A really fun and high energy performance from the RHCP. The crowd exploded for the opening chords of "Can't Stop." "Californication" and "Stadium Arcadium" tracks got preferential treatment but the encores threw the older fans a bone with "Soul to Squeeze," my favorite RHCP track, and "Give It Away."

Here's a clip of the "Soul to Squeeze" performance.

And if you'd prefer the studio version, I've added the 1993 music video - from the "Coneheads" soundtrack - as well. (Keep an eye out for Liev Schreiber, of Scream fame, and SNL alum the late Chris Farley.)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home