Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Gangs in Shelby

I spent about an hour yesterday speaking with Shelby Police Lt. Tim Walker about the gang presence in Shelby. I learned a lot and hope to share all that with you later in the week.

It was back in June that I took at look at several confirmed members of the Bloods that had set up shop in Shelby and were responsible for a string of violent crimes. But now it seems as though the Crips - or at least those claiming to be Crips (there's a fine line between the two) - are in town as well.

I've obtained photographs of gang hand signs that we'll be sharing, gang graffiti that has recently been seen in Shelby, as well as footage of a "Beat In" initiation that we hope to have available online.

So with all that said, I'm curious as to if anyone out there has seen gang activity - or what looks like gang activity - in their neighborhood. I'd be interested to hear your story.

Here are some of the recent pieces The Star has covered in regards to gang activity:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home