Monday, February 25, 2008

Two Thumbs Up for LASIK

Here's something I won't be needing anymore...

I've worn glasses for roughly half my life (equating to about 13 years). Never did the contacts thing; don't like poking myself in the eyeball on a daily basis.

The glasses certainly helped but I took them off every chance I could get. Always felt awkward wearing them.

(For example: We have a dry erase board in the newsroom. Every time I'd want to read the board, I'd put the glasses on, read it, then take them off again.)

On Friday, I had LASIK eye surgery in Charlotte. There was a little apprehension and nervousness (as there usually is when the word "surgery" is involved) but it turned out to be about as invasive as your everyday dental check up.

And ... now I can see.

The only side effect thus far is a mild headache, but they gave me pills for that. I went back Saturday morning and was told my vision was now 20/25 and would continue to get better as my eyes healed from the surgery. I go back in for a check up next month.

If you have the means, I definitely recommend the LASIK. Personally speaking - so far, so good.

More info on LASIK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home