Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Bison & Buried Treasure


One of the first stops (after getting away from the gift shop) was the Native American display. The kids raced through the several rooms quickly and found two live bison at the end of the walkway. Needless to say, that was a pretty cool surprise for them. Unfortunately, I couldn't use my camera in that area of the building.

Here we are outside digging for treasure. What kind of treasure? Teeth, bones ... and lots of rocks and concrete thrown in for good measure.

One of the kids asked volunteer John Hurdt (far right below) what a certain material was.

Hurdt joked, "A piece of I-85."

"I want a piece of I-85!" yelled Nate Kennedy, 9, who then ran over to take a look.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home